Need help implementing a dropdown menu when user clicks on an image

Hello Nedxy Community,

I want to implement a dropdown menu with a list of pages within the app that the user can select to help them navigate through the app.

The dropdown menu should appear when the user clicks the Image of the app logo.

Like most other apps, this dropdown menu must be at the top left corner of all the app pages, exactly where the logo of the app is located. Similar to the navigation button with the 3 lines right next to the nedyx logo (See attached screenshot).

So far, I have tried

1. overlapping the dropdown menu widget with the App logo but that just makes the menu widget inaccessible to user touch. 

2. Placing a slightly bigger menu widget underneath the App logo image, but then I have to disable word wrap or else a part of the text is visible below the image widget (see attached screenshot for details) which is undesirable and if the word wrap is disabled, then the entire text of the menu item is not visible to the user, which is also undesirable.

Is there any Nedyx feature that can help me implement this or possible workaround solution? Please suggest.

I have attached a screenshot and a sample test project to better explain the problem.

Also, another issue is that menu widget always opens the first page 'Sample_Page_Name_One' irrespective of what page I have selected from the drop down. It always opens the first page in the list by default. I have used the function "OPEN(ACTIONCONTENT())" On switch. Is this correct? Or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for your time and support.

AJ

Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 02.39.48.png

nedyx_Test Menu.zip

Hi AJ,

the best option for this use case might be the OPEN function with parameter "onwidget". This opens another page as a popup right below the clicked widget. 

image.png.2fa6d238c217c1ce89daad5e7d566c8d.png

I have attached your demo app, enhanced with an example how this can be used. 

nedyx_Test Menu (1).zip

-hp

• Thanks 1

I have another question. Is there any possible way to customize the pop-up window that is displayed when we use the MESSAGE navigation function? For example, change its background color, font or the color of the OK button.

Thanks 

AJ

For custom message dialogs, again the OPEN function could be used, this time with parameter "onpage". This opens another page as a popup on top of the current page, and can be closed by just calling the function CLOSE().

image.png.99f69c6603320cdbf5bbf43dfe49304f.png