Sending a multipage PDF via EMAIL

Hello Nedyx community,

I have a 3 part question:

1.) When using the SENDEMAIL function, the email is sent via 'sendmail@nedyx.com' and we can only customize the replyto email. Is it possible to send an email to a recipient via our own email id as well?

2.) When sending a multipage PDF file created using the PDFCREATE function using json text via email, the pdf has the internal file name from the nedyx server. Is there a way to assign a customized name to this PDF file similar to what is possible with the DOWNLOADFILE function?

3.) Is there a way to open a popup on top of another popup using the 'onpage' command? To explain my requirement in detail, when a user clicks on a button labeled 'export' on a base page, there is a popup page1 using the OPEN("page1";onpage) with two buttons, "Download file" and "Send via Email". If user clicks on "Send via Email" on page1, I want another popup page2 to appear on top of the popup page1 where the user can enter their email address. In practice this is not working for me. Is there a way of implementing this?

Please let me know if you need any more information from my side.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks in advance for your time and support.

AJ

Hi AJ,

to your questions:

1.) This is currently only possible in our on-premises option of nedyx. In the Cloud, the SMPT server is not configurable. That might be a future enhancement, but not planned for the upcoming pipeline yet. 

2.) This is already possible, but the description in the nedyx online help was missing. Now its a available here (see example 3): https://docs.nedyx.com/clearlines-functions/import-export-functions/sendemail

3.) Currently a popup can only be opened on top level. I see the use case, but this is currently only possible e.g. by opening the first page as standard page, or to provide a field in the first popup for the email address, which is e.g. only visible if the option "Send as email" is selected. 

Please let me know if you have any other question here. 

hp

• Thanks 1

First and foremost, thanks for answering and helping promptly as always🙏. Really appreciate your support.

Referring to your answer to my 3 question, how can I realize this?

If I want a textbox where the user can enter their email address only to be visible when the user clicks on a "Send as email" button.

I tried a few things with the visibility of the text box but just couldn't figure it out.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks in advance for your time and support.

AJ

Hi, I just saw that this request is still pending. So here is a late answer.

For the visibility of widgets, nedyx provides a calculated property "Visibility". If this is false, the widget is invisible. 

There is an example in the attached "Cases" app, in page "RadioButtons", the visibility of the sub-options is triggered by the selected top-level button. 

image.png.da3f6a1f08667d65750b2f2c5be7968b.png

nedyx_Cases (20).zip

• Like 1